Monday, March 28, 2011

The California Wine Country Beacons...


"Give me a map of a country I do not know and it has the power to thrill and excite me!"
by Alfred Wainwright

If I could bottle the excitement that overwhelms me upon approaching an upcoming journey, I would be… well going on many more adventures! May 2011 will bring forth a rendezvous with the velvety reds and pinots of the Sonoma Valley in California. I can hardly wait to see what the wine country has to offer. This time, I will have more days to meander and explore the lush green hillsides of the valley with my dear friend Amanda (Gooch).  We hope to walk (and stumble I’m sure) the vineyards while taking in the sun drenched California landscape. Looking forward to sharing the details with you all upon our retrun.

In the meantime, here are some pictures from my first trip to Napa Valley last year. These are just a few sights that made my heart go pitter-patter with joy. All the pictures were taken by me during my lone escapades through Napa. It was such a treat to be in such beautiful surroundings......Enjoy!


















No comments:

Post a Comment