Saturday, August 6, 2011

Patina Style in Atlanta!

Shhhh... I am going to share a secret with you: Velvet & Linen bloggers, Brooke & Steve Giannetti are coming to Atlanta! To our very own Peachtree Hills!! How exciting is that? The event is open to the public and I for one can't wait to attend! Want to go with me?


Having spent the last three hours reading and swooning over their new book Patina Style (a link to their book on Amazon can be found HERE) I must confess that if I were Oprah, this book would be one of my favorite things! Not only is the book actually fun to read, it has useful tips like how to turn Home Depot drop cloths into great curtains, how to choose colors based on your rooms sun exposure and  how to take bees wax to convert your wooden floors into something spectacular! As if this weren't enough (trust me there is way more in the book!) the pictures are BEAUTIFUL! See for yourself below...


Classic vignette of goodies.

These are antique Swedish doors/shutters repurposed into a super fun bookcase/closet on page 47!

Gorgeous bedroom. Totally simple and doable!

And who can live without this garden?
Hurray for the bloggers and self taught designers turned authors! I love to see people that turn their lifestyle into a way of life surrounded by the everyday beauty around them. The book is true artistry. I can't wait to meet them in September!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for letting your friends know about Patina Style! I'm so thrilled that you love our book.
    I hope to meet you in person at our event in Atlanta!

    xo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am bulding my new house and am looking to pick up a good color or paint that can suit exactly to my interior and exterior purpose. Any valid close suggesions having similar taste would be appericated. Any idea?

    ReplyDelete