Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

Happy 235 years of Independence to the USA!

On this day the famous Declaration of Independence was approved and stated that the 13 original colonies were free and no longer under rule of the British Empire. It was declared and heard by all that "all men were created equal" (except men that didn't look like the English...) and that all Americans had the right to: "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness." What a beautiful message for this young country. 

Unfortunately, sometimes I get the sense that somewhere along the way "life" became a formula for most Americans that in turn prescripted "happiness" and "liberty" was somehow tied to money. Regardless, as the USA struggles to identify its 21st century social and spiritual revolution I can't help but think of how grateful I am for this country to have afforded my family of immigrants an opportunity to educate ourselves, worship as we please, and own a little slice of Americana if we so desire. At this point I am really trying to curb my philosophical thoughts so instead I wanted to show tribute to the USA in photos.
To hope and true happiness for the future of our next American generation...


Miami Beach, FL

Cannon Beach, OR


Where MLK stood and shared his "I have a dream" speech.






Savannah, GA

Cannon Beach, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment