Saturday, July 16, 2011

Le Sofa Search Conquered!

Dear friends,
I am starting to feel like 2011 is the year of the never ending house projects! Since the kitchen renovation ended in March I have been busy trying to get the rest of the house in order. Like any major renovation that quintessentially transforms your living space "feel" we have had a domino effect of projects that have spread like wildfire throughout the rest of our sweet little ranch house. My dear husband keeps asking: "when is it going to be done?"  I reassure him, "I'm trying, I promise!" but pesky budgets, the obsession to search for "the perfect" piece and that valuable little thing called time seem to all get in the way.

However, you will all be happy to know that we did actually find the perfect couch (and other fun pieces) for the new TV/family room. Back in February I blogged about what seemed like an endless search for THE sofa for our little space. As you know, our space is limited but our house is always filled with wonderful friends, nephews, and neighbors! Not to mention my husband is over 6' feet tall and wanted a sofa that could cradle him like a baby in front of his new flat screen (I'm assuming this is a man thing). My girlfriend Liza, who thankfully also happens to be an incredible decorator, took us to the Atlanta Mart to find our coach. Bless her heart - she had done her homework prior to our visit. These were some of her suggestions for our space...


Chris said this one was "too small". Legs dangled over.

This one wasn't "deep enough".

This one was at Up Country in the Mart. Not my 1st choice until we sat down.
Then WE KNEW we were taking this Lee Industries love cradle home. Ps...this was Liza's 1st choice.  
We were able to get this floor sample for 75% off the original price. We were pretty siked! We called our movers and the couch was delivered by the end of the week. Now it was time to start thinking about the rest of the TV room. In a small space storage is essential. So back to the mart we headed and we found some hidden treasures to make the space actually usable. But before I show you how the space looks presently let me share what the space looked like BEFORE the renovation...

looooved that dropped ceiling & faux paneling!

So needless to say we had a LOT of work to do! I wanted to change the whole entire space in look and feel. There was terrible lighting and awkward spaces and most importantly we needed to add a bathroom to the space because our house only had ONE bathroom for EVERYONE to share. So here is the new space....remember it is still in-progress!

Eventually I will find some curtains for this space and maybe a real ottoman! Still searching.

We searched high and low for a non-typical component piece and stumbled upon this one next to the sofa. It was at Kudzu in Decatur. It was made of industrial steel and it was black. Nothing a little paint wouldn't fix!

Found these fun pieces at Home Grown Living with my girl Liza. Finally we have a place for our mail and keys
And of course our wine corks!!

This is Chris's favorite part of the WHOLE renovation.
Here we are watching Sideways tonight. With some wine you ask? YES!


This was the fun piece Liza and I found at Creative Coop.
 Great for dvd's, pitchers, table cloths and more.

This Cline Cellers Mourvedre helped guide and keeps me going throughout my design process...
 
Oh yea and we also purchased this piece at Creative Coop and I placed it in the new bathroom. So convinient!

There are plenty of things still left to be done at the house but for now it is time for dinner and I think tonight we will make some chicken enchiladas. Let's start by making the tomatillo sauce first...




Gooch is on her way with little Bennett. It will be a fun night for sure. :)
  Let me know how your projects are coming along.
In the meantime, enjoy your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment